There is no doubt this recipe is easier to buy in a packet mix than it is to make from scratch but after making it a few time from scratch and adapting the ingredients to your own taste it’s so much more satisfying than anything made from a packet.
- 300g of rice vermicelli noodles
- 3/4 cup of good quality chicken stock
- 3-4 tblsp of dark soy sauce
- 2 tblsp brown sugar
- 1-2 tblsp of peanut oil
- 300g of pork fillet, (BBQ pork fillet can be bought from Chinese grocer or made from scratch)
- 1-2 brown onions diced (depending on size)
- 2 carrots sliced thinly in lengths of about 3-4cm
- 2 gloves of crush garlic
- 1-2 tblsp of curry powder (to taste)
- 1/4 cup of frozen peas
Place noodles in a large bowl of boiling water and stand for 5 minutes (refer to instructions on packet).
Separate noodles and drain.
Combine chicken stock, soy sauce, and sugar in a small bowl.
Heat a wok over medium-high heat.
Add half the oil. Swirl to coat.
Add pork. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
Add remaining oil to wok and swirl to coat. Add onion, carrot and peas. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until onion has softened.
Add garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute then add curry powder. Stir-fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Add noodles, pork and sauce mixture to wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.